Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, John Galt wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Fedor Zuev wrote:

>>On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

>>>Lack of forced distribution is not "censorship".  Get a clue, or a
>>>dictionary.
>>
>>	Heh.
>>
>>	"Why that ugly, non-free GPL license demand from me to
>>distribute source code? Source would still be freely available from
>>the FSF website! Lack of forced distribution do not harm a
>>freedom!"	Agree?
>>

>GPL, section 3c, says exactly that....

--------GPL v. 2----

  3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it,
under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms
of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the
following:
<...>

  c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer
    to distribute corresponding source code.  (This alternative is
    allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you
    received the program in object code or executable form with such
    an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)
    ---------