Re: maintaining upstream snapshot package (was: Bits from the RM)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 07:22:14PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:14:51AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hah, and Mark Howard wants to remove galeon 1.3 from unstable since it
> > is only a cvs snapshot because of what you said. I think maybe you want
> > to clarify a bit more the experimental use and cvs snapshot thingy.
>
> It's entirely appropriate for the maintainer to be making these decisions.

Sure, sure, if there is reason for it, but saying that :

  My next upload of galeon will be to the experimental branch of Debian
  as per the requests of the release manager. I will then request the
  removal of galeon packages from sarge and sid.

Seems to be overkill.

Also, as i understand it, uploading to experimental instead of stable
only really makes sense for a package that has a somewhat stable and
functional version in unstable, not to upload a package that people have
been using for ages from the archive entirely to keep only the
experimental version. I am sure this was not your intention as well, no ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther