Re: Translations sleeping in the BTS

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:35:59AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Packages entering sid should be checked for uninstallability (caused by
> depends on outdated libs) and a rebuild should probabily triggered in
> some sane way (i.e. wait for the arch to get uptodate on the failed
> lib and then rebuild against that).

A rebuild won't always fix the problem - for example, uninstallability
is sometimes the result of an upload of a new revision of a library
that's sitting in incoming waiting for manual processing.  In that case
the package ought to have build deps on the new version which would give
the scripts something to guess with.  In general I'd guess it would be
better to just hold the upload rather than automatically do rebuilds and
make sure that the action taken to deal with the uninstallability is
sensible.