0 RC bugs == releasable quality?

Hi,
  I've started a discussion on debian-gtk-gnome (galeon not in Debian
stable) about not shipping a package because a stable upstream release
has not been made. There are no major problems with the package, just
minor issues and feature requests. There have been some interesting

My initial thoughts were that many minor bugs and wishlist items as well
as a general unpolished feel should stop a package getting into stable.
There are many reasons, however for including galeon.

Should we have another measure for when packages are releasable in
addition to RC bugs. For example, does having >100 minor bugs means that a
package is unsuitable for stable?
I know the default answer is that it's the package maintainer's decision
- but I don't know what to decide! Also, saying <200 non-RC bugs might
be a useful QA metric.

Please keep galeon specific replies to debian-gtk-gnome, generic replies
here.
--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :