Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 08:43:55AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Andreas Metzler (ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org) wrote:
> >> Parse error. I cannot see a connection between answer and question.
>
> > Life's a beach.  There's all of one line in the developer's reference
> > which talks about your responsibilities when doing an NMU:
> > "Follow what happens, you're responsible for any bug that you introduced
> > with your NMU."  Now, this works fine when the official maintainer is
> > going to follow up; it doesn't work worth a damn if the official
> > maintainer isn't taking care of the package at all anymore.
>
> Why? Neither the package, nor its quality nor its state of
> unmaintainedness has changed, it just has one (wishlist) bug less.

[snip]

Pah, let's require all maintainers to be able to fix all
translation-bugs on their own.  It should be a requirement to be fluent
in all nuances of all languages to be a maintainer.  Right?  I mean, you
must be able to fix any bug in the package just because you NMU
a new translation, so you better be able to fix any translation-bug if
you fix a memory-leak, right?

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //