Re: Debian Weekly News - August 19th, 2003

[Followups set.]

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 03:21:00AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I'd say that you have your priorities wrong. If we decide that
> documentation is not software then there is no reason to waste time to
> figure out if the GFDL is DFSG-free or not.

It's not within debian-legal's purview to attempt to answer one
question; it is to attempt to answer the other.

If you want "documentation" to be subjected to a different standard than
"software" (whatever those are), then set about drafting that different
standard.

On debian-project.

So far no one has managed to do it.[1]

[1] draft a standard, *or* discuss this on the correct mailing list

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Freedom is kind of a hobby with me,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    and I have disposable income that