Re: Debian Installation Goals (was: Happy Birthday)

cobaco <cobaco@linux.be> writes:

> On 2003-08-19 21:14, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > cobaco <cobaco@linux.be> writes:
>
> > > Package: configure-debian
>
> > When is that used? At what stage?
> post-installation
>
> > I'm talking about the selection of udebs and I certainly had no
> > submenus with any images I managed to build.
> err, we were talking about package configuration, not package selection right?

Sort of both.

You select udebs for download, which should use tree menus and not a
flat list.

Then they add menu items to the main menu, which should be a tree too.

And thirdly after/during installing base you have the configure
options of the debs via debconf. A menu to change some values would be
nice there too. So you can answere only neccessary questions while
unpacking and then go and pocke some packages for more detailed
options.

> > Let me guess. You first have to install the configure-debian.udeb?
> > .oO( Which no newbie would ever find )
> true, you do need to install the package to use it, and yes the existence op
> this package could(should?) be made clearer

Until your mail I had never heard of it. Gotta try it out.

MfG
        Goswin