Re: Debian Installation Goals (was: Happy Birthday)

cobaco <cobaco@linux.be> writes:

> On 2003-08-17 09:02, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > As bad as it might be I would like to have a menu tree containing all
> > packages that can be configured and when you select one item a menu
> > would pop up with its configuration options.
>
> # apt-cache show configure-debian
> Package: configure-debian
> Section: admin
> Installed-Size: 92
> Maintainer: David Nusinow <david_nusinow@yahoo.com>
> Architecture: all
> Version: 0.5.0.2
> Depends: debconf, perl
> Filename: pool/main/c/configure-debian/configure-debian_0.5.0.2_all.deb
> Size: 9506
> MD5sum: b2ba827bd93b996ba32d99926911ee4f
>  configure-debian is a program which presents a list of packages which
>  use Debconf, Debian's configuration management system.
>  .
>  Debconf provides first-time installation wizards that run when a
>  package is installed. You may reconfigure these packages at a later
>  time, if you wish, and configure-debian makes that very easy.
>  .
>  configure-debian splits the package lists into the subsections which
>  make up the Debian archive, such as x11, base, gnome, or kde.

When is that used? At what stage?

I'm talking about the selection of udebs and I certainly had no
submenus with any images I managed to build.

Let me guess. You first have to install the configure-debian.udeb?
.oO( Which no newbie would ever find )

MfG
        Goswin