Re: What doing with an uncooperative maintainer ?

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 08:43:28PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

> Ryan has perhaps good reasons, but the problem is not here, it's that he
> doesn't answer to users/bug reports!

Equally well, the first chase up to this particular bug report was a
mail which comes over as something along the lines of "since the
maintainer can't be bothered I'm going to NMU this major change" which
could be perceived as being a bit rude and not the most constructive way
to approach the problem.  This sort of thing makes it harder to hold
this up as example of appalling maintainer behaviour.  It's not optimal
but the reaction seems a bit one sided.

Technically I'm left wondering why if this new version is so stable it's
not been released as stable upstream.