Re: Should md5 password settings be preserved across upgrades?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:53:46 -0500, Steve Langasek
<vorlon@netexpress.net> wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 06:12:40PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I would love to see the installator's decision to use md5 passwords to
>> be honored during the foo => sarge upgrade. Are there already plans to
>> establish a mechanism to allow this?
>
>Yes, there are plans to add a set of new, non-conffile config files into
>the PAM setup which will contain "common" module settings that can be
>included from other service-specific conffiles using the (apparently
>Debian-specific) "@include" syntax.  I intend for this to be resolved
>prior to sarge's release;

Will there be a smooth upgrade path from potato/woody, or will manual
intervention be necessary?

In which PAM files do I need to write md5 clauses to have md5
passwords used everywhere? Is there more like the three files I
originally mentioned?

Greetings
Marc