Re: Should md5 password settings be preserved across upgrades?

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 06:12:40PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:

> I would love to see the installator's decision to use md5 passwords to
> be honored during the foo => sarge upgrade. Are there already plans to
> establish a mechanism to allow this?

Yes, there are plans to add a set of new, non-conffile config files into
the PAM setup which will contain "common" module settings that can be
included from other service-specific conffiles using the (apparently
Debian-specific) "@include" syntax.  I intend for this to be resolved
prior to sarge's release; however, I won't have any time to work on this
directly until next month.

Sam, I think at one point you mentioned uploading preliminary packages
for this to experimental.  Did that ever come to pass?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer