Re: paul: NEWS.Debian abuse

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:06:37 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> I agree that it might be a missuse of NEWS.Debian and moved the information
> to README.Debian.  BTW, I do not think that this bug fits to the criteria
> of severity "normal".

I just filed one on phpmyadmin (of severity "normal"), and I would agree
that, generally speaking, this kind of thing doesn't quite fit the
criteria (technically).

But we have a nice new channel to provide information to users in a
convenient, pleasant manner. It would be a real shame to have it
degenerate into something useless (or worse than useless). Aside from
phpmyadmin, I've seen one other NEWS.Debian entry (not released, and the
maintainer is waiting for a patch from me) that was WAAAAY too long.
That's 2 out of 5 NEWS.Debian entries I've seen thus far :) And I wrote
two of them myself ;)

So I'll continue filing them as "normal" until it's apparent that
they're minor bugs in the odd package as opposed to a general trend.