Re: [Proposal] Debconf4 in Brazil

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 19:48, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> As some of you may have already heard, the Debian community in Brazil would be
> pleased to host the next Debconf in Porto Alegre, Brazil.

I'd like to mention that I, having previously announced my intent to
organise Debconf 4 in Vancouver, am entirely supportive of the Debconf 4
in Brazil effort.

After Henrique de Moraes Holschuh's talk on Free Software in Brazil, I
believe very strongly that we as Debian developers should broaden our
horizons to target developing nations explicitly. Debconf 4 in Porto
Alegre will hopefully serve to make this more of a priority in our
community.

I personally will endeavour to come to Debconf 4, but am not hopeful of
my chances of being able to afford a CAN$ 1600 flight (which is the
cheapest I've found it). And, should the need arise, I will be happy to
help out with Debconf 4. (If the unforseen happens and the Brazilian
Committee cannot arrange Debconf 4 for whatever reason, I'll be happy to
re-start my Vancouver plans, too.)

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

My weblog doesn't detail my personal life: http://me.woot.net