Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:26:04PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > Anyway, the point is that most games need a global score file like I
> > need a third ear
>
>  Nice for you, but don't apply your needs to all of our users and all
> the other players, thank you very much.

Well, on a single user system, it is still possible to chown the games lib
dir to the user or the users group, and then sgid can be removed without
doing any chnage to the game. Howerver I prefer a policy solution which
requires sgid games games to also work when the bit is removed (which most
do anyway!)

Greetings
Bernd
--