Re: NM non-process

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:25:58PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  > >  the person who's in charge of the keyring has to be as paranoid as
>  > >  James.  The other person in the project that comes to mind is
>  > >  Manoj.  And that's it.  I wouldn't trust Martin with such a
>  > >  responsability, and I don't care how many votes he got, trust is
>  > >  not something you win by election.
>  >
>  > Sorry but this argument sounds like utter bullshit to me. How do we
>  > know James is keeping people out of the keyring in order to prevent
>  > them from uploading rogue packages?
>
>  Of course James can't prevent people from uploading rogue packages
>  (even if peole could argue he's trying to, I mean, he's DAM _and_
>  keymaster _and_ ftpmaster), but I didn't say that, did I?

You correlated security measures used in the handling of the keyring and the
addition policy of the NM process. That is what I called bullshit.

>  being lax in order to keep everyone happy, and erring on the side of
>  caution, I prefer the person in his to position to do the later, and he
>  incidentally does.

But I am not talking about being lax in anything, neither in addition
policies nor in security policies. Barring a few occasional idiots that
come and go from -devel, nobody else is. It's the practice of holding
people indefinitiely and refusing to improve the situation that's
problematic. How the keyring is kept safe is orthogonal to that.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.