Re: How to install X-Chat in five hours (or more)

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:55:59AM -0700, Ian Hickson wrote:

> I receieved the machine with Debian preinstalled and no offline
> documentation except a post it note with the root username and password.
> On other systems (Mac OS X, Windows XP, etc) I am clearly shown where to
> look for more information (on Windows, in fact, the OS goes to the other
> extreme and tries to ram help down your throat), but on Debian, there was
> no clear path to the documentation.

Since your debian distribution seems to be non-standard (a blend of
stable/testing/unstable); it would seem only appropriate for your vendor
to have supplied some information regarding where you may trip up from
looking at conventional sources. Thus a large part of your difficulty
can be attributed to them, rather than debian.

--
Jon Dowland