Re: How to install X-Chat in five hours (or more)

I agree with every word ....

There are lot's of packages to do Debian more user friendly, they are
available at install time and after by running tasksel.

Maybe the problem was the way that Debian was "pre-installed".... I
think they only installed base. This isn't suitable for a "user". Maybe
if you installed Debian by your own you could feeled more confortable
with dselect and tasksel (called from debian installer) among other
words/commands.

> You will lose many more than you will gain, since there are many more
> > computer illiterate users than geeks.
>
>     And?  There are a slew of other OSs and Linux distributions as well.

I think many people choose Debian because it's a "geek" distro, without those RH/Mandrake
annoyances that are good for users and bad for "us".

After all .. all this problem happened not just because libgtk1.2 .. but to install a
browser, right ? ... just apt-get install mozilla   ..... =)

C´ya and sorry for poor english .. just my 2 c.
[]'s