Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

I don't pretend to know what is best for all users, but as a fairly
ordinary mutt user I can tell you that I would be unhappy to find out
that Debian patched mutt to do SMTP just so they could have a warm fuzzy
feeling about the depends. I like mutt the way it is: no SMTP.

New mutt users might be slightly confused by the mutt way of doing
things but that doesn't mean we have to patch mutt for their sakes.
Naturally, it's up to the package maintainer how to differ from
upstream, but this mutt user would be miffed.

--
 Hans Fugal                 | De gustibus non disputandum est.
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg