Re: NM non-process

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 11:44:11AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > Such as...?
>
> > I think he's saying that the DPL should 'delegate his DAM power' to
> > somebody else. The DAMs are after all officially appointed by the DPL...
>
> Quite.  And who is he going to delegate it to?

Himself, for example? He already does work on that front, he's certainly a
trusted developer judging by the vote results (and there's no such record
for any other officers, mind you), and in fact he said he helped James add
some people already (IIRC there were over a dozen added that time).

I don't see how could any other leader-related task be possibly more
important than pretty much gracefully resolving an issue that's been
plaguing us for the last several years.

I see how it could be construed as a conflict of interest[1], but it's
not like the process doesn't have plenty of means to prevent that.

[1] I can see it now... tbm adding gobs of his peons to the project and
voting to add "Barbara Livi worship" as 6th clause of the social contract! :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.