Re: NM non-process

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 07:03:11PM +0300, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> > with.  The MIA problem is significant enough that NM might be the only
> > way to tackle with it seriously.  That means taking time to examine
> > applications.
>
> BTW, has anybody done any research into what types of package
> maintainers tend to go MIA? I would be especially interested in a
> percentage of "old" style DD's, DD's who have gone through the NM
> process, people going MIA while in the NM queue, and people going MIA
> without ever even entering the NM queue. I'll try to do the statistics
> myself if nobody has done it before.

I did some quick checking in the echelon a few weeks back and noticed a
linear curve in how the number of MIA maintainers decreases with time.
Meaning that among the first 100 developers, something like 15% are missing;
among the fifth 100, 10%, and 5% in the tenth 100, or so (I don't remember
exactly). This information is probably not worth much per se, though.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.