Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

#include <hallo.h>
* Steve Greenland [Wed, Aug 06 2003, 08:01:51AM]:
> > Why not appease both? Let mutt depend on
> > mail-transport-agent | no-user-mta
>
> Or better,
>
> Depends: ssmtp | mail-transport-agent

Where is the point? OP did already know how to manage dependencies, he
can install ssmtp if he wanted to, but he doesn't. You just move the
choice a bit, I did in contrary suggest a solution for mutt and similar
MUA packages and users that have very custom wishes.

> That way, if you don't have an MTA already, it will select a simple "get
> mail to a real MTA" package, whose configuration will ask "where's your
> real MTA?"

I though the whole thread is about how to resolve dependencies without
having any MTA installed. You imagine that some newbie user wishes to
install mutt but has _intentionaly_ removed exim before and now needs
some help. Very unlikely, IMO.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
<DeVries> Wann kommt Debian3.0? Jemand n ungefähres oder genaues Datum parat?
<Alfie> DeVries: Wenn es fertig ist.