Re: How to install X-Chat in five hours (or more)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:16:37 +0200
Emile van Bergen <emile-deb@evbergen.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I would even scream at
>
> /Variable Data/
>
> simply because it encourages slow and RSI-inducing click and drag
> behaviour, because such path names are impossible to type in (and this
> one even requires escaping the space to distinguish between the argument
> separator).

    Come now, there is always tab.  Of course there is another reason why such
descriptive names aren't all that great.  Here's me sitting in a directory
mounted off my Windows box.  Can you tell where the unix system leaves off,
where the Microsoft system catches on and why the Microsoft system was clearly
never meant to be viewed from the command line?  :)

{grey@teleute:/mnt/morpheus_D/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Asheron's Call}

    If it were an all unix world we might have this:

{grey@teleute:/mnt/morpheus_D/Games/AC}

    No less descriptive, just as readable but, by gum, I have more than 3
spaces before my command wraps!  And heaven forbid I go one directory deeper!