Re: libraries being removed from the archive

At Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:54:56 +0200,
Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> Hi, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
>
> >> Guess how many hours it takes for the m68k buildd to rebuild
> >> kdegraphics..... OVER 38 HOURS!
> >
> > By the way, isn't it a good time to rise up a discussion about package
> > cross-compiling infrastructure?
>
> Surprise, I was thinking about the same thing, yesterday. Basic idea:
> mount the slow system's build chroot from the fast server, replace
> gcc/g++/ld with scripts that call the server's version remotely. The
> biggest problem will probably be (a) getting all those pathnames right.

http://www.dodes.org/dodes/

DODES:
DODES is a system for the transparent remote execution of the binaries for the foreign architectures. For an example, you can build a MIPS binary with cross compiler on host x86 GNU/Linux system and can "execute it" on host.

regards,
	junichi