Re: [PROPOSAL] Debian Release Plan

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 01:25:51 -0400
Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> If something has been in unstable for a year and hasn't managed to
> have few enough bugs to make it into testing, then I don't care to
> have it in the release (either the older or newer version).

But this is software that users _use_. KDE and GNOME may be bad cases
here as they seem to be too large for rc bugs to really give a usefull
idea on the relative stability of the software hidden behind the package
name. There really isn't a reason for users to _ever_ really not use the
lastest stable release of KDE (at least that's been my impression for
the last two stable releases of KDE). I would note that _every_ liveCD
based on debian ships with non-maintainer releases of KDE and GNOME from
testing (or even from unstable, iirc.).

Thomas