Re: debconf 2005 in Vienna, Austria

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:29:27AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Jesus Climent wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:22:57AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > Quoting Karsten Merker (karsten@excalibur.cologne.de):
> > >
> > > Anyway, that could give the following schedule :
> > >
> > > Thursday-Sunday : LinuxTag at WhereverHeim, Germany
> > > Sunday evening : folks travel to Debcamp in Vienna, Austria
> > > Monday-Friday : Debcamp
> > > Saturday, Sunday : Debconf
> >
> > What about
> > debcamp : saturday -> thursday
> > debconf : friday -> sunday morning
> > ?
> >
> > Some of us do not want/cannot go to linuxtag, but we could be in vienna
> > already friday evening or saturday morning.
>
> Please no. Do not schedule overlapping events. People interested in both
> than will be in troubles.

What is the problem with that ? This is exactly the way the
debcamp/debconf in Oslo was scheduled. Debcamp is a somewhat informal
thing, and it is no problem that some people already get there on friday
evening, those that don't want/cant/wahetver attend LinuxTag. I guess
this is also nice to 'test' the organisation at first with a few people
to be able to easier solve the few remaining problems or such, before
everyone is there.

It is funny to see people propose schedules and dates, while totally
ignoring what happened this year.

Friendly,

Sven Luther