Re: debconf 2005 in Vienna, Austria

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 07:22:00PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Next Debconf is scheduled to be held in Vancouver, Canada. Some people
> were talking me into proposing Mexico for a future Debconf, but I don't
> think it would be that good an idea until we had some more developers in
> the country, but... Maybe for 2006? :-)

Is this true?! I'm so glad! I can actually go! Yay!!!

Although, I do think that having it in Mexico would be very cool as
well. We should support the initiatives to bring technology to the
global south, and having debconf there is a great way to do it, by
allowing lots of locals get tons of exposure to debian.

While I'm not sure that there are many initiatives to get debian into
schools and govt in Canada, there are some to do so in Mexico. Isn't
it in the interest of the project to get a bunch of dd's there to help
make that happen?

And hell, the margaritas are better in mexico...

--
michael cardenas       | GNU/Linux software developer
hyperpoem.net          | lead software engineer, lindows.com

http://www.revolutionsummersd.com
Another American Revolution is coming...