Re: should bugs really be closed?

Jamin W. Collins writes:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 06:28:42PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
>
> > I think he just wants them kept open until the old gcc versions get
> > removed from the archive. That does make a certain amount of sense.
>
> Could tag them with the release name that affected release name (woody,
> sarge, sid, etc...).  It's what I've done with the Jabber bug reports
> that only affect the woody release.

well, you can still get the version, when the bug was closed from the
changelog. If we do not close the bug, nobody will get a note that the
bug has been fixed (in the new default version). Bugs reported for 3.2
have been closed when 3.3 became the default version, not earlier.

what interest does Debian have in keeping these bugs open?

	Matthias