Re: update-alternatives priorities for editors

Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:05:25AM +0200, Michael Piefel wrote:
> > Am 25.07.03 um 09:21:47 schrieb Colin Watson:
> > > /usr/bin/editor is not only something invoked directly. It's also
> > > invoked by programs as the default editor.
> >
> > Shouldn't that be sensible-editor?
>
> Which calls editor if $VISUAL and $EDITOR aren't set, yes.

Interesting that if sensible-editor fails to find $VISUAL, $EDITOR,
'editor' that it tries 'ae' and then 'vi'.  I could find no reference
to /usr/bin/ae in the package contents of any Debian package.  Does it
exist?  (I remember it being an 'ee' type of program.)  In the current
distribution it should probably call 'nano' as the first fallback.  I
will file a minor bug in a little bit about it.

Bob