Re: unicode

Bidder wrote:
> > On Friday 25 July 2003 11:10, Michael Piefel wrote:
> > > What's a "dash"? Sorry, but you have to be more specific here.
> > > There's the minus sign (usually introducing options) and the hyphen
> > > (for hyphenation). If the latter cannot be shown, it might also be a
> > > deficiency of the font you use.
> >
> > Hmmm. This is really funny. Look at
> > http://fortytwo.ch/~avbidder/man-page.png.
>
> What versions of man-db and groff are installed, and what pager (and
> version of same) are you using?

The latest, afaict (excluding experimental)

ii  man-db         2.4.1-10       The on-line manual pager
ii  groff-base     1.18.1-9       GNU troff text-formatting system (base syste
ii  less           381-2          A file pager program, similar to more(1)
ii  konsole        3.1.1-1        KDE X terminal emulator

LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

I'd be willing to try some experimental pkgs if you can point me to a source
(and as long it doesn't involve updating more essential things)

Sometimes all '-' characters (don't know how if they're hyphens or minus or
em-dashes) are affected, and sometimes only few of them (only hyphens or so).

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/smtp