Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:21:59PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> But he /does/ do the job - people who are trusted to be Debian
> developers end up in that state and as yet, nobody who plainly shouldn't
> have been in Debian seems to have got in, which is a good sign.

Well, what about the people we've kicked out?

While I have my gripes with the DAM process, I don't blame the holder(s)
of that position for some developers in the past having proven
untrustworthy.  The DAM should not be embarrassed by having let in
someone who also fooled everyone else.  The DAMs' job is to manage
accounts, not gaze into people's souls.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual activity ceases.