Re: Using reportbug with Gnus

* ucko@debian.org (Aaron M. Ucko) wrote:
> Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> writes:

>> | Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-agent-possibly-save-gcc
> Confirmed; FWIW, I have reportbug 2.20, emacs21 21.3-1, and gnus 5.10.2-3.

Almost the same here, except for the fact that I use Manoj's snapshots
from the CVS tree of Gnus.

> The call seems to be from within Gnus, which I guess doesn't quite
> manage to load properly:

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function gnus-agent-possibly-save-gcc)
>   gnus-agent-possibly-save-gcc()
>   run-hooks(message-header-hook)
>   message-send-mail(nil)
>   message-send-via-mail(nil)
>   message-send(nil)
>   message-send-and-exit(nil)
>   call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)

Ah, good to know that it's not PEBKAC but a real bug. Thanks for the
confirmation.

> Adding (load "gnus-load" t) to the top of
> /usr/share/reportbug/reportbug.el fixes it, at least on my system.

I'm going to try this on my system and if it works I'll file a bug
report.

> Incidentally, you might also be interested in debbugs-el, which
> provides a nice report-debian-bug command.

Thanks for the hint. I'll give it a try!

Regards,
Marcus
--
"anger thought so no thought touched inside crazy
(disembodied guttural noise need not make sense)"