Re: Using reportbug with Gnus

Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> writes:

> | Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-agent-possibly-save-gcc

Confirmed; FWIW, I have reportbug 2.20, emacs21 21.3-1, and gnus 5.10.2-3.

> Okay, I read man reportbug, I read /usr/share/doc/reportbug/ and I looked
> in /usr/share/reportbug/ where `gnus-agent-possibly-save-gcc' could have
> been used but nowhere I found this option to be used/set.

The call seems to be from within Gnus, which I guess doesn't quite
manage to load properly:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function gnus-agent-possibly-save-gcc)
  gnus-agent-possibly-save-gcc()
  run-hooks(message-header-hook)
  message-send-mail(nil)
  message-send-via-mail(nil)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)

Adding (load "gnus-load" t) to the top of
/usr/share/reportbug/reportbug.el fixes it, at least on my system.

Incidentally, you might also be interested in debbugs-el, which
provides a nice report-debian-bug command.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.