Re: Welcome to the "Cc" mailing list

(Please don't cc me replies, see Mail-Followup-To)

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:09:04PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 11:42, Federico Sevilla III wrote:
> > Seeing as it didn't seem like Debian-Devel as a whole wanted to be
> > included in the lone mailing list of strategicnetworks.com with an empty
> > archive, I took the liberty to unsubscribe "us" from the list using the
> > password included in the initial mailing.
> >
> it seems the subscription is already there.
>
> http://strategicnetworks.com/mailman/options/cc_strategicnetworks.com/debian-devel%40lists.debian.org

Mailman 2.1.2 will give a generic page no matter what email address you
plug in. However, password reminder and unsubscription requests are not
supposed to actually send email if the address isn't in the user list.
So I don't know why the confirmation email (for unsubscription) and the
password reminder were still sent. They were either requested before I
did the unsubscription (I logged in using the password and did the "I'm
sure I want to unsubscribe" bit), or the Mailman installation's
non-standard.

Oh well. I guess we go about our usual "ignore as spam" routine. Sorry
for the noise.

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  : http://jijo.free.net.ph      : When we speak of free
Network Administrator : The Leather Collection, Inc. : software we refer to