gnupg - old bugs

Yo all!

I went through some of the older bug reports of gnupg - I'd like some input
whether I should act as suggested, or rather not. All of those bugs are more
than 1 year old.

Greetings
-- vbi

	"gnupg: gnupg uses wrong key"

	gnupg using a signing subkey instead of the primary is perfectly
	legal - imho this is not a bug, but maybe gnupg's default behaviour
	changed.

	Close that bug?

	"gnupg: Sparc version of gnupg in potato 2.2r3 is linked with libc
	2.2"

	Given that it is tagged potato, and potato doesn't even receive
	security support anymore: close it?

	"Local signatures can be exported"

	Fixed in sarge. Tag it woody?

	"gnupg: Keys whose secret is available are not automatically
	ultimately trusted"

	Not a bug to begin with. Documentation was there from the beginning
	in NEWS.gz Last addition to the bug report: can it be closed?

	Close it?

	"gnupg: Permission problem on importing keys"

	Merge with #38857 ("gnupg: no way to copy a key") -
	it's the same problem: gnupg's handling of multiple
	keyrings sucks

	"gnupg: can't sign a gpg key with a pgp key."
	25.10.99; last activity 1.10.2000

	Since it's very old: ping Adam if it's still there
	with 1.2; clear with gnupg folks if gnupg is even supposed
	to be reading pgp's keyring files?

	"--always-trust option is ineffective"
	1.0.1

	--always-trust works for me in 1.2.1. Close?

	"(both slink and potato) corrupt data when used as filter"
	10.01 and 0.4.3

	Already tagged potato. Close? Or ping submitter (there's no
	resolution on the bug log)?

	"confusing question in gpg key generation process"

	Change severity to minor? Many, many people have successfully
	generated a key...

	"Gnupg strips whitespace in output"

	This is not a bug, as noted by Brian Carlson

	Close it?

	"kmail hangs displaying pgp-signed mails"

	I'm using kmail... (but kmail from unstable)

	ping submitter, and tag/close appropriately?

	"Gnupg erroneously claims "secret key available" in specific case"
	1.0.6; last activity 22 Sep 2002

	ping submitter?

	""Oops: lock already hold by us" when using --fast-import"
	1.0.6

	seems to be fixed in 1.2.1 - close or ping submitter?

	"voodoo with marginals-needed=3 in gnupg"
	1.0.6

	ping submitter (or probably I should try to reproduce this myself,
	first).

	"Duplicate key is handled as error"
	1.0.6

	Can't reproduce this with 1.2.1. Close?

	"wrong use of setlocale in g10"
	1.0.6

	I believe this is fixed. Not sure. Ping submitter?

	"Reports bug on --list-keys"
	1.0.6

	Ping; close and/or tag woody?

	"Fails to read secret key, so can't decrypt anything"
	1.0.6, also unreproducible and pretty much resolved

	I agree with Thomas Hood: should be closed.

	"Overwrites permissions"
	1.0.7

	Fixed in 1.2, so should probably be closed
	(dunno, probably the bug is present in 1.0.6, too, so should be
	tagged?)

	"does not show new user ID revocations"

	Exactly as above

	""pref"/"showpref" --edit-key command on V3 keys"

	More of the same

--
featured link: http://www.pool.ntp.org