Re: Homepage & snapshot in debian/control?

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
I agree on the Homepage field. Many times I've been asked by
not-so-expert debian users on how to find the homepage of a package
shipped with debian. Passing through copyright file is not so easy and
probably even not so appropriate.

A "Homepage:" field would then be okay?

OTOH I find useless and not enough general the snapshot field.

It is purely for fancy purpose (especially, I repeat, for graphic applications), to "view" what you are about to install. Therefore I don't know how it could be more generic. But the homepage might be sufficient?

Other comments regarding the homepage: thing? Any chance it could be included one day (I mean, before Debian 10.0 :) ) ?