Re: Homepage & snapshot in debian/control?

On 19-Jul-03, 06:25 (CDT), Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 02:56:18PM +0200, Xavier Roche wrote:
> > You can place in the description field of debian/control something
> > like: Homepage: ..  to provide the original package homepage.
>
> What do you mean? Adding an unexpected field to debian/control results
> in complains from dpkg-gencontrol and it seems to me that the field is
> ignored in the final .deb.

Note the key phrase "in the description field", i.e. as part of the long
description, not as a seperate item. This form is parsed by some tools,
including, if I remember correctly, packages.debian.org.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net