Re: Future releases of Debian

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 09:31:14AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> - XFree86 4.3
>> - Debian Installer

> How come this last item is *ALWAYS* on the list?  It seems that the
> installer breaks after each release somehow.

> This is not a rhetorical accusation; it is an honest question.

Just guessing:
- all of us hate booting.
- Debian users have surprisingly little experience with installing
  Debian, because we just do it once and upgrade afterwards. Or we
  clone the system, or we boot from Knoppix  and just unpack
  basedebs.tgz or use debootstrap. Questions about normal installation
  tend to stay unanswered in usenet or debian-user-german.

        cu andreas