Re: Suggestion: naming convention for kernel module source packages.

"Karl M. Hegbloom" <hegbloom@pdx.edu> writes:

> apt-cache search ????  to find all of the kernel module source
> packages?

foo-source is very common, but also picks up some other things.  There
are a couple of foo-modules-source, but if the foo is long this gives
a pretty long package name.  If we're formalizing the structure of
kernel modules, I'd propose having foo-source contain
/usr/share/doc/foo-source and /usr/src/foo.tar.gz, where foo.tar.gz
unpackes into modules/foo.  This would give some consistency, and make
it pretty straightforward to use make-kpkg's --added-modules flag.

	-- Abra Mitchell