Re: Homepage & snapshot in debian/control?

Xavier Roche wrote:
> Hence, we could have two optional fields:
> Homepage: http://www.example.com
> Snapshot: http://www.example.com/snapshot.png

That's a slippery slope. If this is successful, someone will suggest adding a
group photograph of the developers' favorite pets soon.
Also, I think that screen shots are much too guy centric. What would be your
screenshot of any awk package?
Also, URLs, particulary 'deep links' (to screen shots) don't seem to be all too
stable.

> (And as icing on the cake, checking using a HEAD request that the both locations actually works in lintian ?)
Is it good for lintian to depend on web connectivity?
Does lintian check other urls (e.g. debian/copyright)?

Cheers

T.