Re: usbmgr and hotplug, conclusion?

Hi again,

Am 2003-07-17 12:27 +0200 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> IMHO it is not very useful to provide two packages which do the same
> job (inserting/removing modules and call init scripts). Both
> packages have quite many bugs, thus any efforts should be
> concentrated IMHO.

After all these answers, I think I'd rather take a look at hotplug and
try to send some patches instead of trying to rescue usbmgr. In
addition, another DD told me that he is also interested in ITA'ing
usbmgr, thus it would not get lost completely.

Just for interest: removing a package at once is certainly a bad idea.
Which steps would it take to provide a smooth transition for migrating
to hotplug (and "forcing" users to do so in a reasonable time)? I'm
just curious, there are certainly other cases like this where packages
have been superseded/obsoleted.

Thanks and have a happy weekend!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt
home:  www.piware.de

Es gibt zwei Regeln für Erfolg im Leben:
1. Erzähle den Leuten nie alles, was Du weißt.