Re: An RC Bug with patch P (Re: RC Bugs with patches (A-F))

Hi.

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 07:53:48AM +0200, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> I will make a deal with you.  If you will investigate this bug:
OK. That sounds fair.

> find out if it affects the version of phpgroupware in woody, and if so,
I believe yes. "believe" here means that I did not try to reproduce it (if you
think that this is required, please let me know). Many of the obvious fixes have
unfixed counterparts in woody's source, though.

The diff of the update including the fix is somewhere between 1500 and 1900
lines (they seem to have released a php3-incompatible version at first which had
a smaller diff than the second time around), as they seem to have included a
bunch of other stuff as well.

Also, testing is a bit difficult: My installation of woody's phpgroupware needed
half a dozen fixes before I could get the address book running. I'll try mysql
instead of postgresql, maybe that works better.

> prepare a fix for it, then I think you will make a good maintainer for this
> package and will sponsor your unstable upload.
Another issue labeled security has been fixed with this release: phpgroupware
now requires that the directory for storing files in (search for vfs in [0])
shall lie outside the fs. I'm not sure whether or not this should be patched in
woody.
Also: Does sponsoring my unstable upload include enabling the merge of the
source package zoo into one?

> I sent a note to phpgroupware@packages.debian.org, but got no response
> (obviously that doesn't go to you yet).
My subscription confirmation message is dated "Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:18:08 -0500".
If your message is older than that I'd make that "didn't go to me yet".

Cheers

T.

0. http://www.phpgroupware.org/