Re: default MTA for sarge

On Jul 15, "Noah L. Meyerhans" <noahm@debian.org> wrote:

 >Exim *does not run as root*.  OK?  It starts as root to bind to port 25.
 >Period.  It then drops root privilages and runs as uid mail.  Deliveries
 >are not done as root, but as mail.
Do you mean that home directories, .forward files and so on must be
world readable? This sucks...

 >Exim4.  Why?  Flexibility, performance, and ease of configuration.  Look
Get real. I do not argue that exim is not flexible or performant, but it
is definitely not easy to configure. Its config file is like smail done
right, but it's still like smail FFS!

--
ciao, |
Marco | [844 l'wfSE6woc9p2]