Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Matthias Urlichs wrote:

Oh guys. I'm waiting some 500 days now. I think that's a record (the current is around 470). And I'm still working and contributing. Some nice other DDs stepped forward and wrote mails to the DAM but that didn't cause anything.

	Robert.

As of today, I've been awaiting
DAM approval now for 155 days, with no end to the wait in sight.  I've
already adopted one orphaned package (Jabber) and made significant
improvements to it.  However, the 150+ day wait for DAM approval has
deterred me from looking at adopting any more packages.

I'm not quite at the 150+ day point, but for what it's worth, this is
exactly the reason I haven't yet adopted more packages either.

However, the DAM approval process needs serious review.  Keeping anyone
in awaiting DAM approval for more than 60 days without any kind of
notice or update is quite frankly rude and unneeded.

AOL.