Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Hi, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> As of today, I've been awaiting
> DAM approval now for 155 days, with no end to the wait in sight.  I've
> already adopted one orphaned package (Jabber) and made significant
> improvements to it.  However, the 150+ day wait for DAM approval has
> deterred me from looking at adopting any more packages.

I'm not quite at the 150+ day point, but for what it's worth, this is
exactly the reason I haven't yet adopted more packages either.

> However, the DAM approval process needs serious review.  Keeping anyone
> in awaiting DAM approval for more than 60 days without any kind of
> notice or update is quite frankly rude and unneeded.

AOL.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
To succeed planning alone is insufficient. One must improvise as well.