Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 03:13, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	I use this package, and am interested in adopting it, except
>  that I note that Colin Walters states that:
>
> >  I am orphaning the calc package; it is now included in the GNU Emacs
> >  CVS, and will be in the coming 20.3 release.  Since I think XEmacs has
> >  their own version of calc, this package will soon have little purpose in
> >  life except to provide calc for Emacs 20 users, who should be switching
> >  to Emacs 21 anyways.
>
>    [I think he meant 21.3, not 20.3]

I did...

> 	I note, however, that we have 21.3 in unstable, and we still
>  do not seem to have calc in emacs21. Does anyone know what happened?
>  I note that ftp://ftp.gnu.org/poub/gnu/calc/ still contains calc
>  2.02f.tar.gz from 1997.

But apparently I was under the wrong impression about which branch of
Emacs development was going to be released.  I committed calc to what
was HEAD at the time, and I thought that was going to become 21.3, but
there was a different branch slated for release.  Anyways, calc will be
in 21.4.  Just check out Emacs from CVS and peruse "NEWS".

The next obvious question is when 21.4 is going to be released, and I
can't answer that...