Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:49:46 +0200, Marcelo E Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org> said:

>> calc (#175399), orphaned 186 days ago Description: An advanced
>> calculator and mathematical tool for Emacs Reverse Depends:
>> riece-ndcc

>  Maybe the maintainer of riece-ndcc cares about this?

	I use this package, and am interested in adopting it, except
 that I note that Colin Walters states that:

>  I am orphaning the calc package; it is now included in the GNU Emacs
>  CVS, and will be in the coming 20.3 release.  Since I think XEmacs has
>  their own version of calc, this package will soon have little purpose in
>  life except to provide calc for Emacs 20 users, who should be switching
>  to Emacs 21 anyways.

   [I think he meant 21.3, not 20.3]

	I note, however, that we have 21.3 in unstable, and we still
 do not seem to have calc in emacs21. Does anyone know what happened?
 I note that ftp://ftp.gnu.org/poub/gnu/calc/ still contains calc
 2.02f.tar.gz from 1997.

>  I've CC'd this to the debian-emacsen list in case any Debian Emacs
>  hacker wants to adopt it.

	And I am CC'ing that list to see if anyone can shed any light
 on this issue.

Term, holidays, term, holidays, till we leave school, and then work,
work, work till we die. C.S. Lewis