Re: eicar.com installer in Debian, and pre-upload interface to ftpmaster

Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:00:18 +0200, Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de>
> wrote:
>
>>As far as the eicar license is concerned: Is it really that difficult to obtain
>>a statement from eicar on whether or not they believe that the test file is
>>copyrightable and maybe a general permission to distribute the file? From your
>>comment I guess you tried,
> Actually, I tried three times. Once via the official contacts listed
> on the eicar web page, and once via the domain contacts for eicar.com.
> In both cases, my e-mail was completely ignored.

How about phoning them? [0]
There's a German phone number for the executive secretary. If nothing else, he
might be able to point you in the correct directions. You could also try phoning
Urs Gattiker...
(I've had bad experiences with phoning via 01024 to Denmark though.)

Cheers

T.

0. http://www.eicar.org/inside.htm#office