Re: Resolvconf -- a package to manage /etc/resolv.conf

Am Samstag, 5. Juli 2003 21.51 schrieb Thomas Hood:
> Summary
> ~~~~~~~
> Resolvconf is a proposed standard framework for updating the
> system's information about currently available nameservers.
Cool, I really like this idea.

> the need to supply resolver information
> to DNS cache programs such as named and dnsmasq.
Firewalls could use this stuff too, I guess.

> Resolvconf
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> /sbin/resolvconf is a short sh script which I have packaged together
> with some "hook" scripts in a package also called 'resolvconf'.
I'd prefer update-resolv like
 update-alternatives             update-initrd
 update-catalog                  update-ispell-dictionary
 update-default-aspell           update-menus
 update-default-ispell           update-mime
to name just a few.

> Credit
> ~~~~~~
> The basic idea for resolvconf originally came from Emile van Bergen.
> I claim any braindamage in the implementation as my own.
Thanx to both of you:-)

Regards
Simon