Re: Why doesn't libsidplay enter testing?

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  Yes, I've read the testing page with the FAQ and both the
> testing_excuses and testing_output, but I can't see the reason why
> libsidplay doesn't enter testing.

I've written a little script that tries to answer precisely this type of
question. You can run it here: http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/

For libsidplay, it says:

- Updating libsidplay makes 3 packages uninstallable on alpha: sidplay-base, xmms-sid, xsidplay
  - sidplay-base is waiting for libsidplay
  - Updating sidplay-base makes 1 packages uninstallable on alpha: sidplay-base
  - xmms-sid is waiting for libsidplay
  - Updating xmms-sid makes 1 packages uninstallable on alpha: xmms-sid
  - xsidplay is waiting for libsidplay
  - Updating xsidplay makes 1 packages uninstallable on alpha: xsidplay

The packages are waiting for each other, so none of them can go in. It looks
like a nudge by a maintainer is required.

> From the update_output it seems that alpha seems to have problems with
> the package

Platforms are tested in alphabetical order, and only the first that breaks is displayed. That's why many packages are reported as uninstallable on alpha. Actually they are most likely uninstallable on many other platforms too, but only the result for alpha is displayed.

--
Björn