Re: but I want the GNU versions of packages

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 10:55:44AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:

> And mawk: development halted years ago.  Wouldn't any awk bugs I find
> be better reported for gawk?

What's an "awk bug"?  Why is it better to file it against gawk?  If mawk
is the implementation that has the bug, you should file it against
mawk; or against general if there are a substantial number of important
bugs in mawk that are fixed in gawk, justifying a swapping of package
priorities.  If you're just bitching because you want more GNU software,
you should really find something more productive to do with your time.

> From the tone of your message, I bet there are lots that you fellows
> have pre-chosen for us new debian users.

Duh.  What do you think a distro *is*?

Nitwit.

--
Steve Langasek